There is a real threat that culture becomes only an instrument of ideological propaganda in the times of war. That is why we need to discuss the controversial topics and to develop a common vision for our future and cultural strategies.
“Culture for Tomorrow” is a platform aimed at
– articulation of the possible visions for the development of culture in Ukraine and rethinking of the European values;
– development of a new type of connections between communities and regions of Ukraine, based on understanding and respect for the Other (other race, nation, sexual identity or ideological views);
– finding different ways of cooperation between creative economy and state policy in cultural field in Ukraine.
Project includes three thematic blocks:
– policy of inclusion instead of policy of exclusion
– (self)-censorship in the cultural field
– creative economy as an important factor of the development in culture
“Culture for Tomorrow” goal is to establish culture is a powerful tool for solving of painful issues which have arisen in society after the revolution and war in Ukraine. Project combines a structured set of texts in the special topic and discussion program. Discussions, lectures, and roundtables took place twice a month from November 2014 till May 2015 with participation of cultural managers, artists, journalists, and philosophers from Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Georgia, Serbia, and other countries.